Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Need a little "POWER-SURGE?!"

It is hard to believe that October is gone and we are heading for Thanksgiving and Christmas! The older our kids get, the faster the time flies. Good thing it is only them having birthdays! After watching the election of our US President last night, reading all the depressing posts and knowing how difficult the holidays can be for  so many people, I decided that it is time for some honesty, transparency, reality, and truth on my part....

The honesty.... I have felt that naggy-depression-like feeling trying to catch-up with me for quite for some time. We have lost so many loved ones, friends and friendships over the last 5 years that I often find it easy to slip into my Pity Party Clothes, wrap up in my blankie and pull it over my head for a few hours. Blah! That's not the me I like! And, definitely doesn't lead to the wife and mommy my family likes either. "Run for the hills, guys!!"

The transparency.... I put on a smile and talk a good talk because seriously I've learned that it pulls me out of my own pit. I've learned that there isn't always someone who wants to climb down in there and drag me out all the time. Becoming my own best cheerleader starts with my own mouth and my thoughts. But yes, often I am talking myself into having a good day. "Drop the violin, Kim and let's play some funky music white girl!"

The reality.... I am super blessed to have my career collide with my faith in that I truly LOVE what I do. My Bootcamp2Beautiful has been a dream under construction for a very long time. My passion is for people to have an unshakable self-confidence that beams from the inside to the outside - but not in a cocky way, so drop that blingy chip off your shoulder! B2B is an 8-hour day camp where I give women permission to think only about themselves. Why? Because, if you don't know what makes you happy and how to keep YOURSELF that way, no one can do it for you!! And, this is true for everyone, not just the gals. I promise, no amount of money, cars, diamonds, friends, fancy houses, food, or love is going to make you feel worthy and amazing ALL of the time.

The truth.... We are created with everything we need already built-in to LIVE A POWERFUL LIFE! We just forget how to use those PowerTools! For the next 6 weeks I am going to share little glimpses of what I've learned and use every day to get through this crazy life. I will post on Facebook when there is a new blog to read. They won't always be long (I will hush, I promise!), but I believe you will find the tips worthwhile.

Its "crunch-time" kids! The pressure for winter formals, family gatherings, budgeting, shopping, traffic jams, overeating and kids on vacation is here. I know I need a little extra Power now and then, and especially now! Join me for a little "POWER-SURGE" - just that extra boost right when you need it!

Thanks for dropping in! - Kim Hoff, Rev2Rev.com

No comments:

Post a Comment